I somehow pulled off the following in about 90 minutes (aided by Baby T):
--went to grocery store and bought chocolate chips for chocolate melting project (C is molding chocolate bats to top cupcakes for a little friend's birthday), as well as other necessaries
--returned home and unloaded groceries
--went to school, checked UIL practice times and wrote check for building fund
--hit Taco Bell drive thru and got quesadilla for D
--went back to school, met D's class as they came to lunch, gave him quesadilla and UIL practice book
All done for now!
There's some history behind the quesadilla delivery--namely that I forgot to do the school lunch order for this month for the big kids, so I promised both that I would deliver them one hot lunch this month. One down, one to go.
In other happy news, D's history fair costume arrived in the mail. Hallelujah! We only ordered it this past weekend, so it was a nailbiter.
Monday, February 22, 2016
Monday, February 15, 2016
Sunday, February 14, 2016
I saw an extremely enticing store display a few days ago and wound up coming home with a heart-shaped foil baking pan, a box of Ghirardelli brownies, and a FREE tub of dark chocolate icing (thanks to a coupon on the display).
Baby T was interested in helping, so I set up the brownie ingredients for her to assist. She came along while I was busy setting up and dumped the oil into the brownies without being asked. Attagirl! I think I also had her dump in the water. She grabbed the egg, too, but I was able to get it away from her. We mixed up the brownie batter, poured it into the heart pan, baked it and cooled it.
After Baby T had a nap and then dinner, we frosted the brownies with the dark chocolate icing. I also had a tube of white Wilton's icing, and I drew a small heart inside a bigger heart with the tube.
Then I gave Baby T the rest of the icing on a sheet of waxed paper and provided her a spatula and a plastic spoon and knife. She had a glorious time.
This was all pretty basic, but it's the first time I've cooked at all with Baby T. (My husband has already done so a couple times.)
Everybody says that the heart brownie is delicious.
Friday, February 12, 2016
We're having a winter (!) break right now. Here's some of what's happening:
- We went to the children's museum this morning.
- C got yet another stuffed horsey. This one looks like the Percheron she rides out at the ranch.
- D made a very nice Tinker Toy truss bridge.
- Baby T is (as of this visit) able to reach the ring that pulls up soapy water into a bubble surrounding the child.
- C has been building a large half-timbered Minecraft house.
- Baby T has been doing lots of art work with scissors, chalk and mini-markers.
Tuesday, February 9, 2016
Here's what's happening:
- Baby T is having a graham cracker and Nutella moment.
- C has been working on the Minuet in G on the ukulele. She's lately very smitten with doing classical pieces on the ukulele--she's working through the book Easy Classical Ukulele Solos.
- C is doing a presentation on an ancient Roman game.
- D is getting ready for history fair.
- He also has a rock climbing competition this spring.
- Thanks to the kids, I now know the names of more My Little Ponies than I ever thought possible.
- I am going to go buy donuts sooooon for Mardi Gras. Hoping for some filled ones.