Friday, November 25, 2016

Thanksgiving break

It's a bit of a blur, but here's what's been happening:

  • The big kids got a week off of school.
  • My husband took them to see Fantastic Beasts at the downtown theater.
  • Baby T and I sifted her toys in her bedroom, playroom and the living room.  In fact, all of her toys are now gone from the living room...
  • D and I sifted and (lightly) reorganized his bedroom and bathroom. 
  • I made a streamlined (but fairly traditional) Thanksgiving dinner: rotisserie turkey breast, box cornbread stuffing, from scratch cranberry sauce (the recipe on the bag), from scratch sweet potatoes, a store walnut apple pie, and a semi-homemade pecan pie (Pillsbury crust and scavenged pecans).  
  • My husband persuaded Baby T that the train set is not scary.  The lighthouse with foghorn had really spooked her about the whole set.
  • C has been working on her school projects and doing music practice.
  • Her teacher has been encouraging her to work toward performing at the Waxahachie renaissance fair.  Squee!  Her teacher thinks that both the Lute to Uke pieces and the 20 Spanish Baroque Pieces by Gaspar Sanz would work well for Scarborough Renaissance Festival.
  • Coincidentally, I've discovered that there is a lute-shaped ukulele (the 4-course lute or mandora) that is available not very expensively (considering that it's a pretty exotic item).  I've also discovered that Fiddler's Green in Austin has something similar.  This is early days, but it's now on my radar.  This guy is very good.  
  • We've been watching Fellowship of the Ring (with and without Baby T as appropriate).  
  • C and I are at least half-way through working on her room.  I'd really like to knock it out over Thanksgiving break, but it probably is at least two hours work and we only have tomorrow to work.

No comments: