Monday, October 31, 2016

Great Wolf Lodge

I see I'm a bit behind on the blog.  Here's some of what's happening:

  • We did a weekend at Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine a week ago and managed to hit Legoland, too.  Legoland was too loud for Baby T, but she did enjoy the quieter outdoor play area and got to drive a car all by herself around a loop.
  • At Great Wolf Lodge, C got to do a quest, D got to do the ropes course, and Baby T got to color a t-shirt souvenir.  So, everybody got a special thing.
  • I was initially very concerned because it turned out that the lobby was all decked out in scary Halloween decorations (many, many Thanksgiving platter sized fake spiders on the ceilings and walls) and I was worried Baby T would freak, but she was OK with it. 
  • I actually didn't do any barefoot time at Great Wolf Lodge (pitter pattering around the water park is a no no for me), but I still have my peroneal tendonitis flaring up after the trip.  Bummer!
  • I'd like to take the kids to the aquarium in Grapevine (across from Legoland in the mall)--the map made it look fantastic--a lot like the aquarium in Finding Dory!  We didn't go partly because of lack of time, partly because Baby T was really scared by it.  (Her current worries are dark and loud noises.)  
  • I took the big kids to see Kubo and the Two Strings at the two dollar theater yesterday.  It's very artsy, but still entertaining.  Origami magic!  Sentient origami!  But much too scary for Baby T.
  • Baby T is doing very well in her one-day-a-week PDO program.  I wish it were at least two days, but it's a good program, so I guess that will have to do.  

No comments: