Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Music preference

C is currently hopping back and forth between her Easy Classical Ukulele Solos book and From Lute to Uke.  I also want her to practice some old time country western songs from Jumpin' Jim's Ukulele Country because I think my family would enjoy that when we visit, but C isn't really into it.  We are going to be in WA to visit family during the early summer, and we'll be taking C's ukulele on the plane for the first time so she can play for family and practice.

Related:  Have you ever seen United Breaks Guitars?

2 comments:

LCKK said...

My 11-year-old daughter started to attend ukulele classes two months back (at first she tried to learn it from YouTube), she seems very into it too. :)

xantippe said...

My daughter started with guitar lessons (my idea), but then bought herself a cheap ukulele and just sort of gravitated over to ukulele. I was initially skeptical (it's just a toy!) and it felt silly to PAY for ukulele lessons, but now that I know more, I realize that it's a real musical instrument and you can actually do fancy stuff with it.

For examples, see the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain or Rob MacKillop's Spanish Baroque pieces.