Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Great Escape II

Baby T is now easily vaulting out of her bed.  Here's a story that happened today:

I put Baby T down for her nap in her crib (the one with the legs sawed off).  At the time I left the room, there was a childproofing cover on the doorknob on her side.  Some time later, I heard the unmistakable sound of Baby T galloping around inside her room and I saw the doorknob being rattled from inside.  I went about my business.  About an hour later, when it was time to go get the big kids from school, I went to get her.  Interestingly, she was fast asleep inside her crib.  Furthermore, the babyproofing had been ripped off the door knob.

So, to recap--Baby T was able to disarm the babyproofing on the doorknob and she is able to come and go from her bed at will and she puts herself back to bed.

My husband glued the door knob cover on before bedtime tonight.  We also are discussing what to do about her bed.  We can either leave things be (my preference) or saw several bars off of the crib, creating an opening for her to come and go through (my husband's preference).  I hate to mess with success, so I'd like to leave things be.  My husband is concerned about the safety of her leaping in and out.  I think her technique is good and have encouraged my husband to watch her methods.

At some point, she will probably get a plain mattress on the floor.

No comments: