Monday, February 10, 2014

Coming out of the cold?

Here's some of what's happening:

  • We've been suffering the same cold snap as everybody else, but had a very pleasant high in the mid-60s yesterday.  And now we're back to the very low 40s.  
  • My husband is back from an East Coast trip--two college speaking engagements and a welcome addition to our minivan fund.  One of these days, we need to get the kids to NYC.
  • I took the kids to IHOP while my husband was away.  One thing we've talked about is having me take the kids out to dinner more when he's away, to take some of the pain out of travel.
  • We went to the zoo with friends on Saturday.  This was the first zoo visit where I've taken Baby T out of her stroller and unleashed her.  She loved it.  C was very good at walking Baby T around the zoo playground.  
  • Baby T was thrilled when her daddy reappeared.
  • Baby T loves the mirror and loves brushing her teeth with her toddler brush.  
  • The dryer is on the fritz.  It runs for a few minutes, then shuts off.  I can get it to dry a load, but it's very labor intensive.  We're thinking it's overheating.  (My husband has already had a go at clearing the exhaust hose.)  We had a previous dryer repair this fall.  I'm thinking we are probably looking at a new dryer.  The fridge is probably the next on the list, as our sellers warned us that it shuts off occasionally and has to be rebooted by unplugging it and then plugging it in again.  
  • Being new to the world of home ownership, I purchased the Consumer Reports kitchen issue, read through it a couple of times and then THREW IT OUT.  That was pretty dumb, as we've replaced a microwave and will probably be replacing a dryer and a fridge within the next year.  Next time, I will try to remember that we need to keep the kitchen issue until the next year's edition comes out.  
  • I love my duck painting that I got from my grandparents!  
  • We are deciding between a trip to the beach for D's birthday or our first family outing to Great Wolf Lodge.  He would enjoy both, he says, but he would prefer the beach, which is more of a drive. We're still thinking about it.  He's going to the West Coast this summer, so he will get the beach.     

No comments: