Thursday, February 20, 2014

Baby T loves boxes

Here's some of what's happening:

  • Baby T loves being boxes, putting baby doll in a box, etc.  After a couple of episodes where Baby T got stuck in plastic milk cartons or tipped herself out, I've decided that she should have cardboard boxes.  She has already flattened one.
  • We have finally figured out that when Baby T says, "za?" she probably means "What's that?"  It took us weeks and weeks to figure out that that wasn't just her private word for a couple dozen different objects.  Sorry, Baby T!
  • Baby T and I went to Barnes and Noble this morning and stocked up on Sandra Boynton boardbooks.  My preference with toddler books is that they be 1) boardbooks 2) have pretty pictures 3) have short rhyming text.  So, Boynton is perfect for us. 
  • We had the first roach of spring this morning.  Our outdoor temperatures have been in the 60s and 70s, so I've been waiting for this to happen.
  • We are planning a first trip to Great Wolf Lodge for D's 9th birthday next month.  Unfortunately, it may take a while before the schedule lines up and we are able to do the trip, but in the meantime, I am ordering new swimsuits and on the lookout for new beach towels.  
  • It's too early right now, but I'm starting to think about Baby T's next acquisitions.  She has really all the 1-year-old toys we could want, but I have some major pieces that I'd like to get her for either her 2nd birthday or Christmas:  a covered sand and water table for the patio, a set of table and chairs (espresso?) and a play kitchen.  I'm also thinking of getting a set of bins for toys, but I'm also in talks with C about handing over her set of bins, as I can't help but notice that she doesn't actually play with that stuff anymore.  I have mentioned to C that if she hands over the bins, that will free up space for the Swingasan from Pier 1 that she wants so much.   
  • With regard to play kitchens, IKEA has a wood one (no doubt very sturdy and serviceable) but I've also been looking at Kidkraft kitchens.  I like their retro kitchens a lot, but haven't been able to figure out a color.  A red or cranberry is nicely unisex (and less vulnerable to graffiti) but Baby T might enjoy a pink one more.      

No comments: