Monday, November 4, 2013

Still weaning

I've been working a schedule to cut down on Baby T's feedings, but we've had to go back to moderate breastfeeding due to illness a couple times (Baby T had a 102.5 degree fever around Halloween).  As of today, though, we're back to serious weaning and I'm doing a total of four minutes per feeding and aiming to do only 3 or 4 feeds a day (first thing in the morning, before nap, bedtime, and maybe one after the nap.  I've cut down so far that it's going to be tough to cut down further, as I'm going to have to start dropping feedings, but so far so good.  The really tricky thing is how to keep sleepy time happening when I stop breastfeeding her before her nap and before bedtime.

The good news is that my husband pointed out to me that Baby T has adopted the self-comforting strategies of thumb-sucking and tugging on her hair with her free hand when she's sleepy.  In fact, she's so into the thumb-sucking that a couple times, I've had to remove her thumb from her mouth in order to get her to finish breastfeeding.  That's very promising.    

No comments: