Monday, November 11, 2013

72 hours

Here's some of what's happening:

  • It's been nearly 72 hours since I last nursed Baby T.  She's doing fine and eating LOTS of solids, but still dislikes cow's milk.  I'm about half-way through my antibiotics and doing OK.  
  • Over the weekend, C rode in a local equestrian competition and got a 1st and 3rd place (in a class of three).  She rode a very balky horse, which increased the difficulty level.  At the last moment, I decided to buy a ticket for the stuffed horse they were raffling off and that C had been coveting for some time.  We won!  It's huge and C loves it, but Baby T finds it terrifying.  If I carry Baby T into a room where the horse is, I can feel her grip tighten.
  • Baby T took 25 consecutive steps on some grass on campus tonight.  
  • As I have the last several nights, I put Baby T down for the night with a sippy cup tucked in the corner of her crib.  She, as has become her habit, grabs the cup as soon as I put her in the crib and lies down with it tucked under her hand.  Her bed tends to be pretty damp in the morning, but she has been sleeping through the night.  Also, thanks to daylight savings, she's going down for the night at around 8:30.  Tonight, we even got her down around 8 PM.  This is very exciting for me, as her previous bedtime of 9:30 or 10 PM left me with very little post-bedtime recreational time.   

No comments: