Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The elliptical machine came!

The long-awaited Schwinn elliptical machine we ordered has arrived!  I hear the rustling from downstairs as my husband takes it out of the box.  We have the college gym nearby, but we ordered this for the following reasons:

  • The college gym shuts down over Christmas, Thanksgiving, and other breaks when we really want it.
  • I think an elliptical machine will be safer around children than a treadmill.
  • My podiatrist encourages me to crosstrain (for instance with an elliptical machine) rather than to over-do walking
  • Back when we lived in our college rental (from 2007-2012), I ordered a terrible cheap manual treadmill for me, and despite its terribleness (it was like a big me-powered gerbil wheel), my husband got a lot out of it.  I think we'll do even better with a good elliptical machine.

No comments: