- Right now, my husband is hanging up a coat of arms and crossed decorative swords in D's room. It's going to look great. [UPDATE: I got to see the preliminary position of the coat of arms and it does look fantastic.]
- Tonight, we had store ham and cheese quiche and steamed mixed veggies and grapes for dinner and Baby T had the same thing (minus the grapes).
- Our recent pattern with Baby T's solids is that Baby T gets one large meal and some starchy snacks at other times (tortilla, bagel, etc.).
- I'd been wondering what weaning was going to look like, as I've never weaned a breastfed infant before (C and D were bottle-fed pumped milk). What seems to be happening is that Baby T has taken matters into her own plump little hands. I think she's had one full-length breastfeeding today (first thing in the morning?), but the rest of the time, she has been cutting her feedings in half. This has been particularly pronounced when I try to feed her when not in my usual location (church, C's bedroom, etc.).
- What I think is going on is that Baby T is switching from treating milk as a meal to treating it more as a beverage.
- I had been hoping to start weaning at 1 year and go directly to whole cow's milk with no bottles. That's six weeks away and I think I may need to revise that plan. While I would still like to skip bottles, we may well need to start supplementing a bit with formula, perhaps at meals. Another option is to offer cheese and yogurt and lots of water. We have a small stash of formula, so we have options.
Sunday, August 25, 2013
Here's some of what's happening: