Monday, August 12, 2013

C's quilt

C missed three days of a five day quilt-making class and of a five day dress-making class.  We bought a used sewing machine for C and my husband brought home C's projects in a box (her teacher had done some piecing for her), but with neither of us adults being quilters, we were in a bind.  With much trepidation, we gave C permission to finish her quilt project at home (she did do a different quilt last summer in a class, but she ran out of time and her teacher had to finish it for her, so C has never done a quilt independently).  She's doing very well.  It's not perfect, but it definitely looks like a quilt, and I have mentioned to C that I would be very happy to have it as a living room sofa throw.  I asked C how she figured out how to finish the quilt, and she told me that she had been looking at one of the quilting books I gave her.  

The dress is more of a question, as this was the very first dress-making class C has ever taken.  I'm hoping we'll be able to touch bases with C's teacher for some pointers.  

No comments: