Thursday, August 1, 2013

Applause

Here are some odds and ends:

  • I forgot to mention that we were all in the playroom when Baby T was pulling up on the low windowsill, and there was much applause and enthusiastic outcry for her efforts.
  • I'm lately noticing that Baby T is very excited about being spoken to and seems to relish speech.
  • She fell asleep after a feeding last night around 6:30 PM, which was supposed to be her second-to-last feeding, rather than her last feeding.  I had a real dilemma as to whether or not to wake her up and feed her for the night.  We let her sleep and she stayed down until around 7 AM this morning.  6:30 PM is early for a bedtime for Baby T (although D really did go down around that time for a while in his preschool years), but it would really be nice if she started going to bed 7ish or 8ish, freeing up the later evening for the big kids.  Up to now, I've usually been putting Baby T to bed around 9 or 9:30, which means I've been mostly unavailable for C and D's bedtime.  Even 8:30 or 8:45 would be good.
  • C did the Mona Lisa cookie recipe in Tattoo a Banana.  We're still eating it.  
  • My husband is replacing an unreliable old powder room toilet with a more standard toilet.  We were going to have the home improvement people install it, but the plumbing department guy sold my husband on the idea of doing it himself.  

No comments: