Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Amazing McMansion Diet

Some years ago, I posted on "The Amazing Jane Austen Diet," which involved me going to the gym and listening to Jane Austen novels on audiobook and losing 15 pounds.  I have a new entry:  The Amazing McMansion Diet.  As I may have mentioned earlier (or not), as of March of this year (that's about five months post-partum), I was nearly 20 pounds lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight.  This was largely due to the diabetic diet I found myself on during my third trimester with Baby T.  My weight loss had leveled out at that point, oscillating a couple pounds back and forth.  We moved into our big new house toward the end of May.  We've settled into the house (we're about 75% moved in, more or less) and the cafeteria has re-opened, which is helpful (the cafeteria has a vast array of veggies, helpfully cut up).  Also, I did some blood sugar tests that my primary suggested and thought the results a bit iffy, so I've been re-adopting some of my diabetic diet measures (although by no means all).  The house is the biggest one I've ever lived in and it has stairs, so I've found myself spending a large portion of the day just walking back and forth, up and down in the house.  The house itself is surprisingly good exercise (as my pedometer demonstrates).  

Anyway, I'm down at least 5 pounds since the move.  As of this morning, I am 25 pounds lighter than before my pregnancy with Baby T.  We have lived in TX for six years now.  I have literally never reached this weight in those six years.

How far can I go with this?  I don't know.  We'll see.  

No comments: