Saturday, July 13, 2013

Back from CA

Here's some of what's happening:

  • My husband is back from five days on the road to a seminar in California.  Everybody was very excited to see him back, particularly Baby T.
  • On his return, he assembled the IKEA Poang armchair and ottoman that had been sitting in a box.  They have moved to the playroom and we are already enjoying them (we REALLY needed the ottoman).  He also had a look at the two 3' by 4' corkboards that had arrived (one for C's room, one for D's) and discovered that one was broken.  Annoying.  The size is good, though.  
  • I'm thinking that we will be adding a corkboard, a sewing table, a sewing machine and a chair and some stick-on-horse decals and murals to C's room (Amazon has lots of wall decals--Wallmonkeys seems to be the big vendor).  I think C may also want a Swingasan (a suspended wicker chair), but I'm not sure that will fit.  I'm not sure about D's room.  I've told the kids that we will start decorating once they are unpacked.
  • I got a shipment of coffee stuff and unpacked it last night (Torani sugar-free syrups, the pumps that go with the syrups and some K-cups for my Keurig coffee machine).  I installed some of the pumps.  During my nap today, C unwrapped a pump and a raspberry syrup bottle and installed the pump, spilling some syrup.  She needed the raspberry syrup to make raspberry lemonade.  C tried microwaved milk with chocolate syrup and almond syrup tonight and it was amazing.       
  • This coffee nook thing is getting a bit out of hand, but I'm also thinking of getting a milk carafe for company (like they have at Starbucks). 
  • By the way, as far as I can tell, there are two different economical ways to buy syrups on Amazon:  1) get a three pack of a single flavor 2) get a variety pack with six flavors.  I'm not ready to commit yet, so I'm mostly going with a variety pack.  
  • C made cinnamon rolls with the bread machine earlier this week.  They weren't perfect (they got baked too long and needed more icing), but close is pretty good with cinnamon rolls.  
  • Dreyer's no-sugar-added low-fat triple chocolate ice cream tastes like chocolate sand.  Not kidding.  Blue Bunny, on the other hand, makes a very nice Turtle Sundae no sugar added low fat ice cream.    
  • I gave Baby T apple blueberry baby food and she ate nearly the full tub.  I had the rest and it's really good stuff.  

No comments: