Thursday, May 2, 2013

Winding down

Here's some of what's happening:

  • The year is starting to wind down.  D has finished his speech therapy (maybe forever), the kids are done with CCD for the year, my husband is finishing his teaching soon, and in less than a month, we will be in our new house.
  • I was having a move dream last night.  
  • Baby T is feeding so well now.  She's now taking in solids and keeping them in, which is very good.  Last night, she had a mini bagel and some banana puree.  She's so cute with a mini bagel!  I think she finished an entire tub of banana puree yesterday.  This is a big deal, as I had gotten used to having to throw out the little tubs after she'd eaten (and spit out) just a few baby spoonfuls (you're not supposed to keep them more than a day).  She obviously felt really happy with a tummyful of mini bagel and banana--she was basically purring with satisfaction.  My list of safe foods for Baby T is growing and growing and it's now possible for me to pop out for some grocery shopping without worrying that Baby T will get hungry in my absence and my husband won't be able to do anything for her.      
  • It's cold again today--low 50s this morning.  That doesn't sound cold, but it's May in Texas.  This is a very chilly spring for us.  
  • I signed a bunch of preliminary papers for our loan yesterday at the credit union.  I was really impressed by the clarity of the process and the scrupulousness of the bank manager.  I'm mentally adding "credit union" to my list of places I want to work when I grow up.  

No comments: