Sunday, May 12, 2013

Blog book

Ironically, what's kept me from posting is my ongoing effort to edit the blog for a print version for family consumption.  I'm nearly half-way through over five years of posts, trying to trim things down a bit, omitting book reviews and non-house and non-family stuff.  When I first tried doing this, the free internet service kept eating my work.  Finally, my husband rigged up a converter program that seems to be working very well, although until I'm done and I've printed the copies, I won't feel confident about it.  I haven't put everything into the blog, but it is at least a partial history of our family.  I really want to get this done before our move.  If anybody is interested in doing the same thing, you can reach me via my contactify button on the blog.

In other news:

  • I just put T down to bed for the night at about 8:30, right after a feeding.  Normally, she goes down at 9:30 or 10 PM, but she was so sleepy that I thought I might as well put her down for the night.
  • We are very much enjoying Foyle's War.  From looking at the internet, there are more seasons than we have on Netflix.  Squee!      
  • We are racing toward closing on our future home.  It's going to be a photo finish getting our papers in on time--there always seems to be more to sign.  
  • I've got C signed up for a week of dance camp and a week of sewing (dress and quilt).  We have a lot more sign ups to do in the next week or so.
  • We went to a potluck this weekend and had a lovely time.  C loved the cats at our hosts' home and occupied herself playing with them and drawing them.  
  • C may have some seasonal allergies that I had been mistaking for a mild illness (her temperature had been bouncing up to 99.9 degrees and 100 degrees).  We have so much pollen around here in the spring.
  • D gave me some molded solid lotions for Mother's Day.
  • Baby T continues to enjoy baked goods.  She got some biscuit and pancake this weekend.  C and a chum were feeding Baby T pancake at the cafeteria.  The chum wanted to stick bits in Baby T's mouth, but of course Baby T prefers to have a fist full of pancake and stick it in her own mouth.   

No comments: