Monday, March 18, 2013

Rice cereal

Here's some of what's happening:

  • C had a 99.9 degree temperature last night, so we are keeping her home from school today.  That's not officially feverish, but it's so close.
  • Baby T has been a less dependable sucker of late.  She's gotten more distractible and less committed to nursing.  I did a brief milk feeding around lunch time today and then fed her several tiny spoonfuls of Gerber's rice cereal.  I won't say that she was enthusiastic, and I'm not sure how much stayed in, but this was her official introduction to solids.  It was not very messy.  This was my first day to use the bibs I asked for for my baby shower half a year ago.       
  • The pediatrician's advice is to only give rice cereal before 6 months, but that after 6 months, there isn't any particular order we need to be concerned with.  Problem is, I'm so well-trained by the standards of 10 years ago that it's going to be hard for me to follow a more relaxed food introduction schedule.

No comments: