Friday, March 8, 2013

Feet

I saw my podiatrist today.  I wouldn't mention it, except it was a rather unusual event.  They did an x-ray of my foot to verify that I have an extra bone there.  I also had plaster (?) molds made of my feet while feeding Baby T.  This is all groundwork for getting custom orthotics made (the doctor had previously made me temporary ones).  Here's hoping I don't accidentally throw out my expensive new orthotics when disposing of old shoes!  (I'm morbidly afraid that that's exactly what I'm going to do.)

In related news, I've already done 10k steps today already.  There's a bit of a Catch-22.  On the one hand, losing weight will take pressure off my feet and knees.  On the other hand, in order to lose weight, I need to put pressure on my feet and knees.  I discussed that problem with the doctor--he suggests swimming, bike, stationary bike and elliptical.  My husband and I have been discussing the purchase of an elliptical machine.  We probably won't buy one until after the move, but it's a very likely late 2013 purchase.  My husband and the kids have been trying the various machines out at the local sporting goods store and we all really like the smooth motion of the elliptical machines.

No comments: