- We went to mass at the campus Catholic student center.
- After mass, we invited a family of six to lunch at Rosa's Tortilla Factory. The family is leaving soon for a sabbatical in the Midwest. Afterwards, we went to a playground with them. But the temperature was creeping up into the higher 90s, so we didn't stay as long as we could have.
- I took a nap.
- I made sandwiches for dinner.
- I took a walk and chatted with another faculty wife from the other faculty neighborhood. I finally learned her name. I talked a bit of real estate with another neighbor, who was studiously prepping for book club on her patio.
- After my return home, we took the kids on a promised trip to Dairy Queen. (May I recommend the German Chocolate Brownie Blizzard with toasted coconut and pecans?) D seemed to like the idea that in cooler weather, we could walk to Dairy Queen.
- At home, I watered my gladiolus (the first pink blossoms are starting to open up) and picked some trash out of the lawn. C had her stilts out and was finding her new tennis shoes hard to walk in. About that time, the mother from the other neighborhood was coming around the corner with her husband and three kids (from age 6 down to baby). We had a short impromptu playdate with stilts, tire swing and various wheeled stuff.
It's been a good day.