C was scandalized to hear that her CCD teacher lies to her kids about Santa Claus.
The CCD teacher said, "The kids who don't believe in Santa get under for Christmas."
Tuesday, November 11, 2014
Baby T and I were at the grocery store about a week ago. Baby T was walking. I turned my back for a moment and when I looked back, I discovered that Baby T had grabbed a bag of grapes and was just about to fling it in the grocery cart.
Baby T understands how things work.
Tuesday, November 4, 2014
Here's an update:
- For Halloween, Baby T was Yoda (but didn't want to wear the ears), D was a knight (wearing his red crushed velvet cloak) and C wore her red kimono costume.
- Baby T continues to do well at parents' day out once a week.
- So much rain!
- For about a month, we had an all-black kitty cat hanging outside our house, looking in the windows and rubbing up against the glass door. Kitty was friendly and very, very persistent. We eventually cracked and started feeding kitty our old canned tuna and salmon. By and by, we found ourselves buying actual cat food for kitty. I had flyered the neighborhood to figure out if kitty had an owner, but the consensus was that kitty was a free agent. We made an agreement with some critter-loving friends to take in kitty. That was after a harrowing episode with two loose dogs who came inches from kitty and treed kitty until they got bored and then came back again, at which point I brought kitty into the house and shut him in the garage until we could get our friends over to collect him. The hand-off went off without a hitch and our friends sent a multitude of awwwww-inspiring photos and videos of kitty enjoying life indoors at their house. I love a happy ending.
Monday, October 27, 2014
Monday, October 13, 2014
Our Baby T has developed the following quirk at some naptimes and bedtimes: she painstakingly chooses her outfit for bed and then wants to take a big pile of clothes to bed with her. She can put on elastic-waist skirts, but probably not other stuff, but I guess she wants to keep her options open.
Saturday, October 11, 2014
Here's some of what's happening:
- We are experiencing a tsunami of birthday parties right now.
- Baby T turned 2 yesterday and we celebrated with a store cheesecake topped with a white chocolate unicorn that C made specially.
- Baby rejoiced in the following gifts: a pile of boardbooks (a couple on the bedtime-is-awesome theme plus a spectacular interactive cat boardbook that I picked out) plus some Hello Kitty stuff.
- Wow, it's getting early now. But the days are still hot--up until today, we've been having highs in the high 80s topping out at around 90 degrees.
- C went to horse riding this morning. Unfortunately, next week is her last day (we did a half term), but the bright side of it is that we will be able to take full advantage of the FREE (did I mention that they are FREE?) group ukulele and guitar classes offered at Guitar Center on Saturday mornings.
- My husband took C and D to the fair this afternoon.
- C won a 1st prize for a wire horse sculpture at the fair!
Thursday, October 9, 2014
Here's some of what's happening:
- Baby T is almost 2!!!
- She's been to parents' day out three times and is doing fine.
- Baby T loves her kitty and her monkey and is almost never without one or both, including at meals.
- C has been trying to work out "Ode to Joy" on the ukulele. There are free ukulele and guitar lessons at Guitar Center on Saturdays (but not each instrument every Saturday), so I'm really looking forward to C being able to start doing that.
- D is almost done with his 6-week robotics after school course.
- C (with a little help) melted a bar of white chocolate and molded it into a white chocolate unicorn cake topper for Baby T's birthday cheesecake.